University of Perpignan, France
July 15-18, 2020
The conference will be held at the University of Perpignan in the south of France, 15-18 July 2020.
The following speakers have agreed to give plenaries: Maggie Charles (University of Oxford), Mark Davies (Brigham Young University), Sylvain Detey (Waseda University), François Maniez (University of Lyon 2), Pascual Pérez-Paredes (University of Cambridge).
Paper presentations will consist of a 20-minute talk (in English) followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Topics that are within the scope of TaLC include, but are not necessarily limited to, corpus-based approaches to language learning, teaching and assessment in the following areas:
- teaching first and second languages (including data-driven learning materials and student-centred linguistic investigation)
- teaching languages for specific purposes
- teaching interpreting and translation
- engaging with spoken data
- teaching intercultural communication
- developing pedagogic grammars and learner dictionaries
- developing corpora/tools/resources
- teacher education
- research on second language acquisition and learner corpus research
- teaching of corpus methods to students and researchers in linguistics
Submissions for poster presentations may be shorter. Generally, we suggest submitting an abstract for a poster rather than a paper presentation for: (a) reports on research in its very early phases with no intermediate or final results to report or (b) reports on new corpus data resources.
Abstracts (300-500 words) should be submitted through the online submission system by clicking on the following link: https://easychair.org/cfp/talc2020. Deadline for abstract submission: 15 January 2020.
If you are interested in organising one of the workshops (Wednesday 15 July), please contact the organisers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief proposal and proposed timeline (morning, afternoon or all-day workshop). Once the conference website indicates that the maximum number of workshops has been reached, no further proposals can be accommodated.